Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fireproof

I just finished watching Fireproof. I had a good laugh today watching this show.

" A woman's like a rose; if you treat her right, she'll bloom, if you don't, she'll wilt",

Caleb's colleague got married for the wrong reasons, then he turned around and got a divorce for the wrong reasons and he thought he was just following his heart.

"This doctor is trying to woo you while you're still married, what makes you think he won't do that with someone else?"

How can someone show love over and over again when they're constantly rejected?
The answer is: you can't love her, because you can't give her what you don't have. I couldn't truly love your mother until I understood what love truly was. It's not because I get some reward out of it. I've now made a decision to love your mother whether she deserves it or not. Son, God loves you, even though you don't deserve it. Even though you've rejected Him. Spat in His face. God sent Jesus to die on the cross for your sin, because He loves you. The cross was offensive to me, until I came to it. But when I did, Jesus Christ changed my life. That's when I truly began to love your mom. Son, I can't settle this for you. This is between you and the Lord. But I love you too much not to tell you the truth. Can't you see that you need Him? Can't you see that you need His forgiveness?

Most people promise for better or for worse, they really only mean for the better.
When two people get married; it's for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health.

"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it"

Caleb Holt: I know that. But marriages aren't fireproof. Sometimes you get burned.

You never leave your partner! Especially in a fire!

It is the desire of Caleb and Catherine to establish their vows from this point on as a covenant, and not a contract. For marriage is a sacred institution established by God and one that is meant to last for life.

Take 1 to know 1


No comments:

Post a Comment